Lorenzo: the problem was Stoner



The big loser during these two rounds on the Iberian peninsula was Jorge Lorenzo. The Yamaha rider managed to limit the damage with a pair of second place finishes, but he had very different plans for two of his best circuits on the calendar.  Last season he gained 34 points in these two races, while this year he lost 10. That said, it could have been worse: "It was a nightmare weekend, but luckily this afternoon went a little better - Lorenzo said after the race - It's a shame I burned up the clutch on the start, because this cost me some time in the first few laps.  Thankfully the problem resolved itself."
 
Jorge was also gracious in accepting defeat: "The real problem today was Casey. It was also a hard race physically, but I was able to close him down.  The only place to pass was at the chicane, but it would have been too risky.  I preferred the secure result." The Spaniard used the softer compound rear tire for the race. "The hard would have been more consistent, but I preferred the soft because it warmed up faster.  On the front I used the new compound from Bridgestone, as that gave me the best feeling with the M1.  Hopefully we can improve the bike further tomorrow during the test."
Source: http://www.gpone.com


Share/Save/Bookmark