Stoner Strategy: Stay in Front of Lorenzo and Pedrosa


Casey Stoner lead the championship after wins Estoril GP last Sunday. For Stoner, it was very fantastic. “In the end it was another fantastic weekend for us. This morning we were more confident but also a little concerned because yesterday afternoon when we had a very similar setting to what we had in FP3 the bike was a bit worse in the warm conditions. In warm-up we didn’t have a big problem with chatter, but in the race, in warmer conditions, we struggled a lot more." said Stoner.
This Australian rider told that his strategy on the race is to stay in front of Lorenzo and Pedrosa. After Lorenzo try to reduce the gap, Stoner try to keep his pace and not make mistakes, and it works.
He told, "This was very difficult to ride with. In the first part of the race I was confident and attacking the track, but I almost lost the front twice due to the chatter. From this point I backed off a little, tried to stay smooth and just wanted to stay in front of Jorge and Dani, but Jorge was coming strong. I had to try and keep my pace and not make too many mistakes, so I was changing the mapping to try and reduce the chatter problem. Towards the end of the race I began to understand how to ride around it, this made things smoother and I found some more pace and was able to bring it home for a great race win.”


Share/Save/Bookmark