Third consecutive podium for Pol Espargaró that locks in the second position of the Moto2 World

 
 
Pol Espargaró has fought for victory until the last breath, in a spectacular hand in hand with Marc Marquez, crossing the line second. Tito Rabat has starred in a brilliant comeback without reward to fall when he was six and Axel Pons has not finished.
Third consecutive podium for Pol Espargaró in the Moto2 World Championship, this time in Estoril (Portugal), after spending the entire race in the lead group and played the win on the last lap with Marc Marquez. Team driver 40 HP Tuenti Pons has not given up at any time and adding twenty points has been entrenched in second place in the World and making it clear that part of the trio who will fight for the crown.
Less luck to Tito Rabat and Axel Pons, who were unable to complete the paths suffer falls. Tito Rabat has been featured in a big comeback, beating more than a dozen drivers up to sixth. At that time it has gone down and was unable to score ten points higher than deserved. Axel Pons, meanwhile, was also riding at a good pace and approaching the area of the points when he has lost grip on the front and has been dropped.
The next appointment for the 40 HP Tuenti Pons will take place in two weeks at Le Mans, site of the French Grand Prix.
Pol Espargaro
"I tried to finish and I've played the last bullet in 'that' of ascent, but I made a little mistake and has escaped me victory. Congratulations to Marc and I have to admit that the match was great fun and we lacked only reditar Nico for the battles of the past two years in 125cc. Race was quiet, thanks to the confidence gained in the 'warm up', where I was the fastest and we have solved the problems that prevented us from qualifying yesterday later. Zarco see before me slightly off center, but then I saw that he had no problem to follow Luthi and Marquez. When I attacked Marc put his wheel and I started to study him, and seeing that acceleration was stronger, I knew that was a gamble and braking as late as possible. With two seconds Luthi I decided that I played it and went for 25 points. In the end I scored 20 and my third podium in three races, and we will continue working to stay there and the next time the duel for victory will side on my side. I think people who saw us on the track or at home it has gone well, because the last lap the two we have given everything to win. "
Tito Rabat
"It was a real pity, because had risen more than ten positions and had virtually secured the sixth place after a weekend with many problems in the front. In the 'warm up' we have found the key and we have set rolling at 1.41, which has given me great confidence going into the race. I have not gone too well and I lost some positions, but then I picked up the pace and I started to pick up positions. When I placed sixth, ahead of the second group was comfortable but could not catch Iannone. With six laps to go I've gone down and I could not complete a comeback that we deserved so much we have worked around the team during the weekend. I hope that in Le Mans chance we can give back and fight again for being with the best as in Qatar. "
Axel Pons
"I was doing far better than during training, after having done a good 'warm up', but half of the race I lost the front and I have gone down. I tried to get back on track, but had destroyed the entire left side of the bike and I was completely impossible. It's been a tough weekend, where I had a hard time finding the development of the bike and when I did it, shooting not far from those who have scored, I made a mistake and I have gone down. At Le Mans hope to find the right track quickly and to prepare the race with more guarantees. "
Pons 40 HP Tuenti Press Release


Share/Save/Bookmark